Landed Estates
NUI Galway

Jackson (Killaguile)

In the 1850s James E. Jackson held the townland of Killaguile, parish of Killannin, barony of Moycullen, county Galway. He bought the property in August 1853 from Robert Martin of nearby Ross House and later built a house at Killaguile, which is now known as the Ross Lake House Hotel. James Edward Jackson (1824-1907), was the son of the Reverend James E. Jackson, rector of Ardee, county Louth and later Dean of Armagh. In 1863 he married Madeline Bushe of Dublin, daughter of Judge Arthur Bushe and granddaughter of Chief Justice Charles Kendal Bushe. They had a large family and he died in 1907. Marian Martin, sister of Robert Martin of Ross, was the second wife of Judge Arthur Bushe. http://www.rosslakehotel.com/

Houses

Name Townland Civil Parish PLU DED Barony County Map Ref
Killaguile House Killaguile Killannin Oughterard Wormhole 171 Moycullen Galway OSI Ref: M147 386
OS Sheet: 67
Discovery map: 45