Landed Estates
NUI Galway

Nicholson (Kilmoremoy)

A John Nicholson was granted about a thousand acres in the baronies of Tireragh, county Sligo and Gallen, county Mayo in 1667. It is not clear if he was related to Mrs Charlotte Nicholson, previously of 11 Oxford Road, London, who owned 2477 acres in county Mayo and 750 acres in county Sligo in the 1870s. Over 750 acres in county Mayo belonging to Reverend J.N. Nicholson were vested in the Congested Districts' Board on 15 July 1915 and by March 1916 he had accepted an offer for the purchase of another 2,059 acres belonging to him in the county. In 1915 an offer was accepted by A.M. Nicholson on over 350 acres in county Sligo.

Associated Families

No houses were found for this estate