The Holmes family occupied the estate at Clogher for several generations. In the later 19th some of the estate was sold to the McDermott family, the ancient owners of this part of County Sligo.
- Rental of Sligo town estate of W.E. Holmes, 1896. Robinson Collection. ; Sligo County Library
- GO MSS 804. Draft pedigree of Richard Holmes of Oakfield and Clogher, county Sligo, 1800-1877. ; National Library of Ireland
Contemporary printed sources
- ORDNANCE SURVEY NAME BOOKS, County Mayo: Vol I, 409, 414
- ''GRIFFITH'S VALUATION OF IRELAND'[Primary Valuation of Tenements]', 1850-1858. : Boyle Union, 6
- PARLIAMENTARY PAPERS. ''Return of owners of land of one acre and upwards, in the several counties .... in Ireland''. HC 1876, LXXX: 321
- HUSSEY DE BURGH, U. H. ''The Landowners of Ireland. An alphabetical list of the owners of estates of 500 acres or £500 valuation and upwards in Ireland''. Dublin: Hodges, Foster and Figgis, 1878. [available online at www.askaboutireland.ie] : 221