The Connolly family leased lands from the Johnston estate in Kinlough and there is some suggestion that they acted in the capacity of agents for them. In 1861 the house and demesne at Mount Prospect as well as other lands were offered for sale in the Landed Estates Court by Stephen Johnston. For more information on the Connolly estate see http://homepage.eircom.net/~fmasters/landlords.html#Prospect
- Landed Estates' Court Rentals (O'Brien), Johnston, 8 March 1861, Vol 61 MRGS 39/031, (microfilm copy in NUIG); National Archives of Ireland
Contemporary printed sources
- LEWIS, Samuel. ''A Topographical Dictionary of Ireland''. London: S. Lewis & Co., 1837: Vol II, 537.
- ORDNANCE SURVEY NAME BOOKS, County Leitrim: Vol II, 485 & 597.
- LEET, Ambrose. ''A directory to the market towns, villages, gentlemen's seats, and other noted places in Ireland''. Dublin: Printed by B. Smith, 1814 : 297
- ''GRIFFITH'S VALUATION OF IRELAND'[Primary Valuation of Tenements]', 1850-1858. : Ballyshannon Union, 1.