Rev. William Slacke, with an address at Newcastle, county Down, owned over 2000 acres in Leitrim in 1878. In 1856 a Rev. William Slack was occupying a property at Kiltubbrid owned by the Ecclesiastical Commissioners. He was also the lessor of Lakeview House in Mohill parish to William Lawder and townlands in the parish of Drumreilly, barony of Dromahaire at that time. In May1859 the property at Annadale was being offered for sale in the Encumbered Estates Court by the Norris family. In July of that year Arthur Keene, the assignee of Thomas Slack, an insolvent, offered for sale the rental of lands at Drumcong or Bellview, in the barony of Leitrim. In January 1865 Anne Cunningham and William and Randal Slack were offering for sale the lands at Drumcong and Drumdart in the baronies of Leitrim and Mohill. Randal T. Slack, heir of William L. Slack offered over 100 acres for sale in the Land Judges Court in July 1879. The lands, in the barony of Carrigallen, had been purchased by William Slack from the Armstrong estate in 1878.
|Name||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
OSI Ref: H037098
OS Sheet: 24
Discovery map: 33
|Lakeview (Mohill)||Drumdart||Mohill||Mohill||Drumdart 63||Leitrim||Leitrim||
OSI Ref: N050980
OS Sheet: 32
Discovery map: 33
- Copy of journal of Angel Anna Slacke (1748-96), File 275.; Leitrim County Library
- Account of House of Lords case re Iron Works at Annaduff, 1727-28. File 894. ; Leitrim County Library
- Annadale House. Photographs. 146/014.; Irish Architectural Archive
- Encumbered Estates' Court Rentals (O'Brien), Slack, 1 July 1859, Vol 56, MRGS 39/028, (microfilm copy in NUIG) ; National Archives of Ireland
- Encumbered Estates' Court Rentals (O'Brien), Norris, 6 May 1859, Vol 56, MRGS 39/028, (microfilm copy in NUIG) ; National Archives of Ireland
- Landed Estates' Court Rentals (O'Brien), Cunningham & Slack, 24 January 1865, Vol 75, MRGS 39/037, (microfilm copy in NUIG); National Archives of Ireland
- Landed Judges’ Court Rentals (O’Brien), Slack, 15 July 1879, Vol 137, MRGS 39/061, (microfilm copy in NUIG); National Archives of Ireland
Contemporary printed sources
- HUSSEY DE BURGH, U. H. ''The Landowners of Ireland. An alphabetical list of the owners of estates of 500 acres or £500 valuation and upwards in Ireland''. Dublin: Hodges, Foster and Figgis, 1878. [available online at www.askaboutireland.ie] : 414
- PARLIAMENTARY PAPERS. ''Return of owners of land of one acre and upwards, in the several counties .... in Ireland''. HC 1876, LXXX: 306
- LEWIS, Samuel. ''A Topographical Dictionary of Ireland''. London: S. Lewis & Co., 1837: Vol II, 217.
- ''GRIFFITH'S VALUATION OF IRELAND'[Primary Valuation of Tenements]', 1850-1858. : Carrick-on-Shannon Union, 118. Mohill Union, 51.
Modern printed sources
- BURKE, Sir Bernard. ''A genealogical and heraldic history of the Landed Gentry of Ireland''. London: Harrison & Sons, 1912: 642
- ''Breifne'': KELLY, Liam. The growth of Methodism in Leitrim and Cavan, 1750-1800. X (2002), 455-493.
- KELLY, Liam. ''Kiltubrid, County Leitrim. Snapshots of a rural parish in the 1890s''. Dublin: Four Courts Press Ltd, 2005: 48-50