In the 1870s G. Fox Grant of Ballylanigan, Callan, county Tipperary owned 292 acres in the county. In 1906 Joseph B. Grant held 91 acres of untenanted land and a mansion house at Ballylanigan.
Contemporary printed sources
- PARLIAMENTARY PAPERS. ''Return of Untenanted Lands in Rural Districts, Distinguishing Demesnes on Which There is a Mansion...'', HC 1906, c, 177: 289
- PARLIAMENTARY PAPERS. ''Return of owners of land of one acre and upwards, in the several counties .... in Ireland''. HC 1876, LXXX: 163
- SLATER, Isaac. ''Royal National Directory of Ireland: List of the principal seats''. (Manchester: 1894) : xxviii, 251 (Hilton)