Landed Estates
NUI Galway

Clarke (Bushy Park)

Online sources suggest that David Clarke of Park House, Macclesfield, was involved in the cloth trade with India. He was the son of Jeremiah Clarke and was married to Jane Cooke, whose father left a large inheritance to his granddaughter, Sarah Alice Clarke. He was Mayor of Macclesfield in 1868 and a Justice of the Peace for county Tipperary in the 1870s. In the 1870s David Clarke of Bushy Park, Borrisokane and Park Lodge, Macclesfield, owned 5362 acres in county Tipperary and 760 acres in county Waterford while the representatives of Jeremiah Clarke of Ballyglasheen owning 2,011 acres. David Clarke bought the Nesbitt estate at Borrisokane in 1854 see http://www.igp-web.com/tipperary/estates/est_news.htm.

Houses

Name Townland Civil Parish PLU DED Barony County Map Ref
Fortmoy House Lower Fortmoy Aglishcloghane Borrisokane Aglishcloghane 16 Lower Ormond Tipperary OSI Ref: R922 998
OS Sheet: 7
Discovery map: 53
Bushy Park Shesheraghmore Borrisokane Borrisokane Borrisokane 7 Lower Ormond Tipperary OSI Ref: R913 932
OS Sheet: 10
Discovery map: 53
Fort Nisbitt Liskinlahan Borrisokane Borrisokane Borrisokane 7 Lower Ormond Tipperary OSI Ref: R928 928
OS Sheet: 10
Discovery map: 53