Gallway states that the Wall family had held property in the neighbourhood of Coolnamuck, barony of Upperthird, since 1588. Referring the 1770s Sadleir also notes James Wall as "of Coolnamuck" who died in 1810. In the 1870s Mrs.James Wall, with a Dublin address, owned over 300 acres in county Waterford. James Wall was among the principal lessors in the parishes of Dysert and Kilmoleran, barony of Upperthird and the parish of Dungarvan, barony of Decies without Drum, at the time of Griffith's Valuation. Some of his lands in the parish of Mothel, barony of Upperthird, county Waterford were offered for sale in the Encumbered Estates court in August 1850. Sir Benajmin Morris Wall held townlands in the parish of Mothel in the early 1850s. 1200 acres of the estate in the barony of Coshmore and Coshbride as well as over 2000 acres of the Tipperary estate were offered for sale in the Court in November 1850. In 1852 over 2000 acres of the Waterford and Tipperary estates were again offered for sale, including Coolnamuck.
|Name||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
|Coolnamuck Court||Coolnamuck /Demesne||Dysert||Carrick-on-Suir||Carrickbeg Rural||Upperthird||Waterford||
OSI Ref: S370219
OS Sheet: 3
Discovery map: 75
|Clonea Mill||Clonea||Mothel||Carrick-on-Suir||Clonea 6||Upperthird||Waterford||
OSI Ref: S383135
OS Sheet: 7
Discovery map: 75
|Spa Ville||Spa||St. Mary's Clonmel||Clonmel||St. Mary's 16||Upperthird||Waterford||
OSI Ref: S212220
OS Sheet: 1
Discovery map: 75
|Ballyguiry||Ballyguiry West||Dungarvan||Dungarvan||Carriglea||Decies without Drum||Waterford||
OSI Ref: X202913
OS Sheet: 30
Discovery map: 82
- Encumbered Estates' Court Rentals (O'Brien), Wall, 25 May 1852, Vol 15, MRGS 39/007, (microfilm copy in NUIG); National Archives of Ireland
- Encumbered Estates' Court Rentals (O'Brien), Wall, 12 November 1850, Vol 13, MRGS 39/001, (microfilm copy in NUIG); National Archives of Ireland
- Encumbered Estates' Court Rentals (O'Brien), Jackson, 18 June 1850, Vol 2, MRGS 39/001, (microfilm copy in NUIG); National Archives of Ireland
- S. Gordon & Son, solicitor's collection, includes papers relating to property in Cos. Waterford, Tipperary, Kilkenny, Carlow and Antrim, of the Wall family, 1732-1881. Associated name, Cuffe. Small Accs. Index 103, D. 18,165-230; M. 2265-78; T. 7215-22 ; National Archives of Ireland
- Lease for lives by James William Wall, Coolnamucky, Co. Waterford, and Reverend Daniel Cuffe, rector of Kilmacow, Co. Kilkenny, to Reverend Page Godfrey, Astbury, Cheshire of lands of Mainstown and Cloghapistole, par. Newtownlennan, bar. Iffa and Offa East, Co. Tipperary. Rent: £94.16.00 p.a. 30 May 1792. 999/259/3; National Archives of Ireland
- Irish Tourist Association Survey files: barony of Upperthird; Waterford County Library
Contemporary printed sources
- ''GRIFFITH'S VALUATION OF IRELAND'[Primary Valuation of Tenements]', 1850-1858. : Upperthird Barony: 17 (Coolnamuck Demesne), 47 (Clonea), 76 (Spa)
- ''GRIFFITH'S VALUATION OF IRELAND'[Primary Valuation of Tenements]', 1850-1858. : Barony of Decies without Drum: 46 (Ballyguiry)
- LEWIS, Samuel. ''A Topographical Dictionary of Ireland''. London: S. Lewis & Co., 1837: I, 277 (Coolnamuck)
- PRIOR, Thomas. ''A list of the Absentees of Ireland, and the yearly value of their estates and incomes spent abroad''. 1730: 9
Modern printed sources
- BENCE-JONES, Mark. ''A Guide to Irish Country Houses''. Revised ed. London: Constable, 1988. : 91
- NOLAN, W, POWER, T.P. & COWMAN, D. (eds). ''Waterford: History and Society''. (Dublin: Geography Publications, 1992). : Morris, Henry F. The "principal inhabitants" of county Waterford in 1746, pp.311-312.
- GALLWEY, Hubert. ''The Wall family in Ireland, 1170-1970.'' Naas: Leinster Leader, 1970. : 125
- SMITH, Charles. ''The ancient and present state of the county and city of Waterford''. Third edition edited by Donald Brady. Wateford : Waterford County Council, 2008. : 74 (Coolnamucky)
- SMITH, Charles. ''The ancient and present state of the county and city of Waterford''. Third edition edited by Donald Brady. Wateford : Waterford County Council, 2008. : BRADY, Donald. Appendix III, houses mentioned by Smith. p 306.
- BENCE-JONES, Mark. ''A Guide to Irish Country Houses''. Revised ed. London: Constable, 1988. : 91 (Coolnamuck)
- ''Jnl. of the Cork Historical and Archaeological Society''.: LYNCH, James F. Monastery of Rutland, or the Barony of Coolanamuckie, in connection with the Wall family. Series 2, XVIII (1912), p.108.
- ''The Genealogists' Magazine'': WALL, Col. F. Wall family: Pedigree in Manuscript by Col. F. Wall, in Society of Genealogists, accession 22182-91. Wills to 1599 in Society of Genealogists, accession 22192-5. XI, no.2 (June 1951),
- ''Jnl of the Waterford and South-East of Ireland Archaeological Society'' : Sadlier, T.U. The county of Waterford, 1775. XVI (1913), pp.49-55.