Landed Estates
NUI Galway

Fergusson (Kilmurry)

In the mid 1870s Mrs Mary Fergusson of Elm Glyn, Lissardagh, parish of Kilmurry, barony of West Muskerry, county Cork, owned 628 acres in county Cork. In July 1877 the estate of Mary Fergusson, Bingham Fergusson, Thomas Thaddeus Herley, Edward J. Fergusson and Alexander Fergusson, 625 acres at Dunmarklun, parish of Kilmurry, was advertised for sale. This townland was held under a fee farm grant of 1854, the Reverend John Swete to Montague St Leger and Mary Ferguson.

Associated Families

Houses

Name Townland Civil Parish PLU DED Barony County Map Ref
Lissardagh Lissardagh Kilmurry Macroom Warrenscourt 113 West Muskerry Cork OSI Ref: W409 667
OS Sheet: 83
Discovery map: 86

Archival sources

  • Landed Estates’ Court Rentals (O’Brien), Fergusson, Herley, 5 July 1877, Vol 129 (13), MRGS 39/058, (microfilm copy in NUIG); National Archives of Ireland

Contemporary printed sources