Landed Estates
NUI Galway

Harnett (Macroom)

In the 1870s the representatives of Mrs Mary Harnett of Hanover Hall, Macroom, county Cork, owned 2,382 acres in county Cork. The sale rental of the lands of Upper and Lower Knockrour, barony of East Muskerry, the estate of Richard Harnett, in April 1876 record the purchase of these lands by Robert Harnett from the Landed Estates' Court in 1859. Robert Sykes of Glanmire purchased them at the 1876 sale. They were previously part of the Radley estate. Cork city premises belonging to Richard Harnett were for sale in November 1879.

Associated Families

Houses

Name Townland Civil Parish PLU DED Barony County Map Ref
Hanover Hall Coolaniddane Clondrohid Macroom Rahalisk 228 West Muskerry Cork OSI Ref: W357 758
OS Sheet: 60
Discovery map: 79

Archival sources

  • Landed Estates’ Court Rentals (O’Brien), Harnett, 25 Apr 1876, Vol 123 (26), MRGS 39/056, (microfilm copy in NUIG); National Archives of Ireland
  • Land Judges’ Court Rentals (O’Brien), Harnett, 11 Nov 1879, Vol 137 (25), MRGS 39/061, (microfilm copy in NUIG); National Archives of Ireland

Contemporary printed sources

Modern printed sources