Landed Estates
NUI Galway

Hamilton (Cork)

James Hamilton, residing in Dublin, owned over 2000 acres in county Cork in the 1870s while Rev. Hans F. Hamilton, with an address in Somerset, owned over 250 acres in county Cork as well as property in King's County. The Rev Hans Frederick Hamilton was a member of the Hamilton family of Abbotstown, near Castleknock, county Dublin. In 1669 Sir Hans Hamilton was granted lands in a number of Irish counties including 706 acres at Ballincurrigg, barony of Barrymore and 388 acres in the barony of Barretts, county Cork. Robert Hamilton was among the principal lessors in Kilbrogan parish at the time of Griffith's Valuation.

Houses

Name Townland Civil Parish PLU DED Barony County Map Ref
Brookpark House (Dunmanway) Brookpark Fanlobbus Dunmanway Dunmanway 124 East Carbery (West) Cork OSI Ref: W233523
OS Sheet: 107
Discovery map: 85