On 11 February 1798 Robert Hedges Eyre leased the lands of Claraghmore, barony of Duhallow, county Cork, to Richard Pomeroy for three lives renewable for ever. At the time of Griffith's Valuation Robert Pomeroy held land in the parish of Drishane, barony of Duhallow and occupied a house valued at £4.10 shillings, which he held from the Reverend Richard Davis. Claraghmore, comprised of 462 acres, was advertised for sale in June 1853. The Freeman's Journal reported that it was sold to Henry C. Justin for £1550. Nicholas Pomeroy of Claramore still owned 154 acres in county Cork in the 1870s and the representatives of Henry Pomeroy of Knockcahill owned 233 acres. A branch of the Pomeroy family was established at Pallas, parish of Roskeen, barony of Duhallow in the early 18th century, descended from Thomas Holmes Pomeroy. Samuel Pomroy was granted 520 acres at Palice, barony of Duhallow, in 1666.
No houses were found for this estate
- Encumbered Estates' Court Rentals (O'Brien), Pomeroy, 30 June 1853, Vol 21 (59), MRGS 39/010, (microfilm copy in NUIG); National Archives of Ireland
- Detailed abstract of will of Samuel Pomeroy of Pallas, Co. Cork, 1704. GO MS 139, p.117 ; National Library of Ireland
- The Pomeroy family of Pallice, Co. Cork, the families of Holmes, Smyth, Deane and Towgood of Co. Cork, the Gilbourne family of Co. Limerick, and allied families. Also the Pomeroy and Holme families of England; compiled by Margaret Dickson Falley, 1956. MS 7976 ; National Library of Ireland
- Exemplification of a recovery suffered by William Holmes Pomeroy of Parke, Co Cork, of the lands of Pallis, Gurteenneclomy and Coolekissrar, 4 Jun . 999/430; National Archives of Ireland
- Farm Account Book of James Pomeroy, Knockcahill, Rathcoole, Banteer, 1854-1910. Mostly an account of rents paid partly by labour and partly by cash. Later its an account of expenditure on oats, manure, coal, labour etc. 1854-1910. U250; Cork City and County Archives
Contemporary printed sources
- PARLIAMENTARY PAPERS. ''Return of owners of land of one acre and upwards, in the several counties .... in Ireland''. HC 1876, LXXX: 132
- ''GRIFFITH'S VALUATION OF IRELAND'[Primary Valuation of Tenements]', 1850-1858. : Duhallow Barony, 18 (Claraghmore)
- PARLIAMENTARY PAPERS. ''15th Annual Report of the Commissioners of Public Records Ireland,'' 1825. Vol XVI, Appendix I, Grants under Acts of Settlement: 64
Modern printed sources
- HAJBA, Anna-Maria. ''Historical Genealogical Architectural notes on some Houses of Cork. Volume I: North Cork''. Whitegate: Ballinakella Press, 2002: 295 (Pallas)
- ''Freeman's Journal'': Incumbered Estates Court sale reports, 1 July 1853, p.4.