Landed Estates
NUI Galway

Keogh (Tirerrill)

At the time of the first Ordnance Survey in the 1830s John Keogh of Dublin was the proprietor of a number of townlands in the parish of Killukin, barony of Boyle, county Roscommon. His agent was Francis O'Byrne. In the 1870s four members of the Keogh family, all members of the Army, each held 337 acres in county Roscommon. In 1875 approximately 400 acres of the Keogh estate was offered for sale in the Landed Estates court. In 1906 George Keogh still owned c.500 acres of untenanted land in the barony of Tirerrill, county Sligo.

Associated Families

Houses

Name Townland Civil Parish PLU DED Barony County Map Ref
Ballynashee Lodge [Geevagh Lodge] Ballynashee Kilmactranny Boyle Ballynashee 1 Tirerrill Sligo OSI Ref: G839171
OS Sheet: 35
Discovery map: 25
Springfield House Cultyconeen Tumna Carrick-on-Shannon Union Killukin 50 Boyle Roscommon OSI Ref: M911997
OS Sheet: 11
Discovery map: 33
Straduff Lodge Straduff Kilmactranny Boyle Ballynashee 1 Tirerrill Sligo OSI Ref: G832171
OS Sheet: 35
Discovery map: 25

Archival sources

  • Rentals of Keogh estate, 1888-90, 1894-98, 1900-06. Robinson Collection. ; Sligo County Library
  • Landed Estates' Court Rentals (O'Brien), Keogh, 29 January 1875, Vol 118, MRGS 39/054, (microfilm copy in NUIG) ; National Archives of Ireland
  • Map of Keogh estate, county Roscommon, 1797. M.3010. ; National Archives of Ireland

Contemporary printed sources

Modern printed sources