Landed Estates
NUI Galway

Evans (Kilbolane)

At the time of Griffith's Valuation George and John Evans owned an estate comprised of at least 13 townlands in the parish of Kilbolane, barony of Orrery and Kilmore, county Cork. George and John Evans (of the Evans family of Miltown Castle) were nephews of George Evans Bruce who purchased the Kilbolane estate from the Cole Bowens in the late 18th century. This purchase led to much litigation between the Bowens and Evans in the 19th century. G.E. Bruce left his Kilbolane estate to his two nephews as joint tenants and died in 1837. In the 1870s Admiral George Evans and Captain John Evans both of England, owned 2,962 acres in county Cork. see Cases in the House of Lords - Bowen v Evans 1848

Houses

Name Townland Civil Parish PLU DED Barony County Map Ref
Fortwilliam Ballagharea Kilbolane Kanturk Milford 174 Orrery and Kilmore Cork OSI Ref: R413 194
OS Sheet: 6
Discovery map: 73
Kilbolane Kilbolane Kilbolane Kanturk Milford 174 Orrery and Kilmore Cork OSI Ref: R422 212
OS Sheet: 1
Discovery map: 73
Prohust Prohust Kilbolane Kanturk Milford 174 Orrery and Kilmore Cork OSI Ref: R426 188
OS Sheet: 6
Discovery map: 73