Alfred Furlong was agent to the Earl of Devon's county Limerick estate from the early 1820s to the late 1840s. At the time of Griffith's Valuation he held land in the parish of Ballingarry, barony of Connello Upper. In the 1870s Alfred Furlong of Leeson Street, Dublin, owned 860 acres in county Limerick. Lewis records J.J. Furlong as the proprietor of Tulliline, parish of Monagay and Joseph Furlong as proprietor of Ringwood Lodge, parish of Newcastle, barony of Glenquin, in 1837.
- Deeds & wills re property in Cos Limerick & Cork of Furlong family, includes reference to families of Courtenay, Upton, Furlong-Smith & Newman. D.19,731-19,782, T.8087-8090; National Archives of Ireland
Contemporary printed sources
- PARLIAMENTARY PAPERS. ''Return of owners of land of one acre and upwards, in the several counties .... in Ireland''. HC 1876, LXXX: 148
- HUSSEY DE BURGH, U. H. ''The Landowners of Ireland. An alphabetical list of the owners of estates of 500 acres or £500 valuation and upwards in Ireland''. Dublin: Hodges, Foster and Figgis, 1878. [available online at www.askaboutireland.ie] : 173
- LEWIS, Samuel. ''A Topographical Dictionary of Ireland''. London: S. Lewis & Co., 1837: II, 387 (parish of Monagay), 426 (parish of Newcastle)