At the time of Griffith's Valuation Richard Sleeman held a townland in the parish of Kilfergus, barony of Shanid, county Limerick. The estate of Richard Quin Sleeman amounting to 727 acres at Killocally, barony of Shanid, was advertised for sale in December 1856 and was bought by Charles H. Minchin.
- Encumbered Estates’ Court Rentals (O’Brien), Sleeman, 13 Dec 1856, 12 Dec Vol 43 (21), MRGS 39/021, (microfilm copy in NUIG); National Archives of Ireland
- Encumbered Estates’ Court Rentals (O’Brien), Sleeman, Evans, Anglim, 1 July 1858, Vol 53 (3), MRGS 39/027, (microfilm copy in NUIG); National Archives of Ireland
Contemporary printed sources
- ORDNANCE SURVEY NAME BOOKS, county Limerick: Parish of Kilfergus, IV, 94-116
- LEWIS, Samuel. ''A Topographical Dictionary of Ireland''. London: S. Lewis & Co., 1837: I, 664
Modern printed sources
- ''The Old Limerick Journal'': DONOVAN, Tom. Cahara House Tragedy. XLI (2005), 29