At the time of Griffith's Valuation, Thomas Guilfoyle was one of the principal lessors in the parish of Skreen, barony of Tireragh. In 1906 Anthony Guilfoyle is recorded as the occupier of property at Lecarrow townland, barony of Tireragh, including a mansion house. McTernan states that the Sligo family were descended from that of Gilfoyle of Killenaule, county Tipperary, members of whom first came to Sligo in the late eighteenth century and engaged in the linen trade.
- Rentals 1864-68, and correspondance. Robinson Collection. ; Sligo County Library
- Correspondence, decrees & vouchers relating to estate of Thomas Guilfoyle, Carrowcullen, 1861-1878. T.C./15. ; Sligo County Library
Contemporary printed sources
- ''GRIFFITH'S VALUATION OF IRELAND'[Primary Valuation of Tenements]', 1850-1858. : Dromore West Union 85
- HUSSEY DE BURGH, U. H. ''The Landowners of Ireland. An alphabetical list of the owners of estates of 500 acres or £500 valuation and upwards in Ireland''. Dublin: Hodges, Foster and Figgis, 1878. [available online at www.askaboutireland.ie] : 195
- PARLIAMENTARY PAPERS. ''Return of owners of land of one acre and upwards, in the several counties .... in Ireland''. HC 1876, LXXX: 321
- PARLIAMENTARY PAPERS. ''Return of Untenanted Lands in Rural Districts, Distinguishing Demesnes on Which There is a Mansion...'', HC 1906, c, 177: 391.