Henry Rose held the townland of Killonan, parish of Kilmurry, barony of Clanwilliam, county Limerick at the time of Griffith's Valuation and Lewis records H. Rose as resident at Killonan Cottage. Henry Rose, whose address is given as Ballyclough, Limerick, is recorded as the owner of almost 600 acres in county Galway in the 1870s. He was the fifth son of Thomas Maunsell Rose of Ahabeg and Rathkeale, county Limerick.
- J.H. Montgomery & Son, Solicitor’s Collection, includes will & grant of Henry Rose, Ballyclough, 1875. Small Collection Index No 88, T.4079; National Archives of Ireland
Contemporary printed sources
- HUSSEY DE BURGH, U. H. ''The Landowners of Ireland. An alphabetical list of the owners of estates of 500 acres or £500 valuation and upwards in Ireland''. Dublin: Hodges, Foster and Figgis, 1878. [available online at www.askaboutireland.ie] : 393
- PARLIAMENTARY PAPERS. ''Return of owners of land of one acre and upwards, in the several counties .... in Ireland''. HC 1876, LXXX: 299 (Galway)
- LEWIS, Samuel. ''A Topographical Dictionary of Ireland''. London: S. Lewis & Co., 1837: II, 191 (Ballyclogh -Cudmore) & (Killonan Cottage)
- ''GRIFFITH'S VALUATION OF IRELAND'[Primary Valuation of Tenements]', 1850-1858. : Barony of Clanwilliam, 81 (Ballyclogh)
- ORDNANCE SURVEY NAME BOOKS, county Limerick: IV, 348