A small estate in the parishes of Bohola and Killedan, barony of Gallen, county Mayo was held by the Rawson family of Baltinglass, county Wicklow, who also had land in counties Wicklow and Kildare. Their estates were advertised for sale in the Landed Estates' Court in 1883 and 1884. The Rawson estate in county Mayo amounting to 448 acres was vested in the Congested Districts' Board on 23 Nov 1912 by John Lindsay who married Georgina Maria Rawson of Baltinglass, county Wicklow in 1887.
No houses were found for this estate
- Landed Estates' Court Rentals (O'Brien), Rawson, 6 Nov 1883 & 18 July 1884, Vols 145 & 147, MRGS 39/064 & 39/065, (microfilm copy in NUIG); National Archives of Ireland
Contemporary printed sources
- HUSSEY DE BURGH, U. H. ''The Landowners of Ireland. An alphabetical list of the owners of estates of 500 acres or £500 valuation and upwards in Ireland''. Dublin: Hodges, Foster and Figgis, 1878. [available online at www.askaboutireland.ie] : 383
- PARLIAMENTARY PAPERS. ''Return of owners of land of one acre and upwards, in the several counties .... in Ireland''. HC 1876, LXXX: 312
- PARLIAMENTARY PAPERS. ''24th Annual Report of the Congested Districts' Board for Ireland'', [Cd 8356], HC 1916, vi, 564-586. Appendix VIII: 52