Landed Estates
NUI Galway

McCarthy/McCartie (Killaha)

John McCartie was recorded as a principal lessor in the parish of Killaha, barony of Magunihy, at the time of Griffith's Valuation. An offer was made by the Congested Districts Board on over 2000 acres of the D.& D. McCartie estate in 1911.

Associated Families

Houses

Name Townland Civil Parish PLU DED Barony County Map Ref
Killaha Castle or Killaha House Killaha Killaha Killarney Flesk 62 Magunihy Kerry OSI Ref: W047865
OS Sheet: 66
Discovery map: 78
Frogmore Knockanush West Clogherbrien Tralee Clogherbrien 171 Trughanacmy Kerry OSI Ref: Q789155
OS Sheet: 28
Discovery map: 71

Archival sources

  • Lease by Rev. Barry Denny of house & lands in the parish of Clogherbrien, to John McCartie, 1844. D.26,708. ; National Library of Ireland
  • Copy of marriage settlement of Daniel McCartie of Headford, county Kerry & Mary O'Connell, of Derrynane Abbey, 1858. D.27,081. ; National Library of Ireland

Contemporary printed sources