In the 1830s the Ordnance Survey Name Books mention Denis McCarty as the proprietor of townlands in the parish of Aghadoe. Daniel McCarthy was one of the principal lessors in the parish of Aghadoe, barony of Magunihy, at the time of Griffith’s Valuation. In the 1870s the estate amounted to over 2000 acres in Kerry.
- Copy of marriage settlement of Daniel McCartie of Headford, county Kerry & Mary O'Connell, of Derrynane Abbey, 1858. D.27,081. ; National Library of Ireland
Contemporary printed sources
- HUSSEY DE BURGH, U. H. ''The Landowners of Ireland. An alphabetical list of the owners of estates of 500 acres or £500 valuation and upwards in Ireland''. Dublin: Hodges, Foster and Figgis, 1878. [available online at www.askaboutireland.ie] : 287
- ''GRIFFITH'S VALUATION OF IRELAND'[Primary Valuation of Tenements]', 1850-1858. : Magunihy Barony, 8 (Headfort)
- PARLIAMENTARY PAPERS. ''Return of owners of land of one acre and upwards, in the several counties .... in Ireland''. HC 1876, LXXX: 151
- PARLIAMENTARY PAPERS. ''Return of Untenanted Lands in Rural Districts, Distinguishing Demesnes on Which There is a Mansion...'', HC 1906, c, 177: 255 (Headfort)
- ORDNANCE SURVEY NAME BOOKS County Kerry: Vol. I, Aghadoe parish, 22.