John Jameson of Dublin owned over 7,000 acres in county Mayo in the 1870s. He appears to have purchased the McDonnell's estate in the barony of Erris which was advertised for sale in 1853.
Contemporary printed sources
- HUSSEY DE BURGH, U. H. ''The Landowners of Ireland. An alphabetical list of the owners of estates of 500 acres or £500 valuation and upwards in Ireland''. Dublin: Hodges, Foster and Figgis, 1878. [available online at www.askaboutireland.ie] : 106
- PARLIAMENTARY PAPERS. ''Return of owners of land of one acre and upwards, in the several counties .... in Ireland''. HC 1876, LXXX: 309
Modern printed sources
- ''Irish Architectural and Decorative Studies: the journal of the Irish Georgian Society''. : BOWE, Patrick. Irish Sporting Lodges. VII (2004), 106-139
- MONTGOMERY-MASSINGBERD, Hugh (ed). ''Burke's Irish Family Records''. London: Burke's Peerage, 1976: 627-633