At the time of Griffith's Valuation Hugh Lecky held the townland of Cooly, parish of Fuerty, barony of Athlone, county Roscommon. In the 1870s Hugh Lecy of Beardiville, Bushmills, county Antrim, owned 449 acres in county Roscommon and 2489 acres in Cos Antrim and Derry. Negotiations were in progress by 1916 for the purchase of the Lecky's Roscommon lands by the Congested Districts' Board.
No houses were found for this estate
Contemporary printed sources
- HUSSEY DE BURGH, U. H. ''The Landowners of Ireland. An alphabetical list of the owners of estates of 500 acres or £500 valuation and upwards in Ireland''. Dublin: Hodges, Foster and Figgis, 1878. [available online at www.askaboutireland.ie] : 264
- PARLIAMENTARY PAPERS. ''Return of owners of land of one acre and upwards, in the several counties .... in Ireland''. HC 1876, LXXX: 317
- PARLIAMENTARY PAPERS. ''24th Annual Report of the Congested Districts' Board for Ireland'', [Cd 8356], HC 1916, vi, 564-586. Appendix VIII: 59