Landed Estates
NUI Galway

Handcock (Aughrim)

The Reverend William Handcock owned an estate of just over 500 acres in the parish of Aughrim, barony and county of Roscommon in the 1850s. Parts were leased to Horatio Nelson Lawder and to Robert Devenish. In the 1870s Mrs Sarah Handcock of Ballyknockan House, Ballypatrick, county Tipperary, owned 515 acres in county Roscommon. Walford's records William Frederick Bryanton Handcock residing at Ballyknockan in 1910. He was a son of Robert Ball Handcock of Ballyknockan and of Cole Hill, county Longford and a grandson of Sarah Handcock. http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~coddingtons/15887.htm

No houses were found for this estate