Landed Estates
NUI Galway

Simpson's Hospital

In the mid 19th century the Trustees of Simpson's Hospital, founded 1779, owned land in the parishes of Aughrim and Clooncraff, barony and county of Roscommon. Some of their estate was leased from the See of Elphin and subleased to the Begg family and later to Thomas Babington. In the 1870s the Simpson's Hospital estate amounted to 696 acres in county Roscommon, 654 acres in county Meath and 2 acres in county Dublin. http://www.simpsonshospital.org/html/history.htm

No houses were found for this estate