Landed Estates
NUI Galway

Stafford

The Stafford property was leased from Lord Lorton's estate and was located in the parish of Creeve, barony of Frenchpark, county Roscommon. At the time of Griffith's Valuation Captain Charles Stafford held 3 townlands in the parish of Kiteevan, barony of Ballintober South and in the 1870s Charles Stafford of Portobello owned 531 acres in county Roscommon. Over 240 acres of the Stafford estate was bought by the Congested Districts' Board in 1915.

Associated Families

Houses

Name Townland Civil Parish PLU DED Barony County Map Ref
Portobello Portobello Creeve Carrick-on-Shannon Creeve 48 Frenchpark Roscommon OSI Ref: M849927
OS Sheet: 16, 10
Discovery map: 33