William Lawrence Adamson was born in Dublin in 1829. He was a solicitor and very successful business man, who became grand seneschal of the Isle of Man in the 1860s. In 1906 one of W.L. Adamson's sons Colonel John George Adamson owned almost 400 acres of untenanted land at Glenfarne, county Leitrim as well as the mansion house there. The estate timber was later bought by Edward Harland of the Harland & Wolf Shipyard in Belfast. http://www.macdonaldhotels.co.uk/lindenHall/history/theadamsonfamily.htm
- Irish Tourist Association. Topographical and General Survey, 1941-1945. Clooneclare Parish. File 131. ; Leitrim County Library
Contemporary printed sources
- PARLIAMENTARY PAPERS. ''Return of Untenanted Lands in Rural Districts, Distinguishing Demesnes on Which There is a Mansion...'', HC 1906, c, 177: 347.