Thomas Revington is recorded as the owner of over 700 acres in county Galway in the 1870s as well as 317 and 82 acres respectively in counties Clare and Limerick. His address seems to be Ardhue, Limerick. http://www.buildingsofireland.ie/niah/search.jsp?type=record&county=LI®no=21511001 His county Galway property was the townland of Cloondergen, parish and barony of Dunmore. This townland was in the possession of the Court of Chancery at the time of Griffith's Valuation. In 1914 he accepted an offer on over 700 acres of his Galway property from the Congested Districts Board.
No houses were found for this estate
- Rentals & correspondence re the estate of Thomas Revington in Cos Limerick & Cork. Acc No 1008, PC 170; National Library of Ireland
Contemporary printed sources
- HUSSEY DE BURGH, U. H. ''The Landowners of Ireland. An alphabetical list of the owners of estates of 500 acres or £500 valuation and upwards in Ireland''. Dublin: Hodges, Foster and Figgis, 1878. [available online at www.askaboutireland.ie] : 386.
- PARLIAMENTARY PAPERS. ''Return of owners of land of one acre and upwards, in the several counties .... in Ireland''. HC 1876, LXXX: 113, 299
- PARLIAMENTARY PAPERS. ''Return of Untenanted Lands in Rural Districts, Distinguishing Demesnes on Which There is a Mansion...'', HC 1906, c, 177: 337
- PARLIAMENTARY PAPERS. ''24th Annual Report of the Congested Districts' Board for Ireland'', [Cd 8356], HC 1916, vi, 564-586. Appendix VIII: 45.