At the time of Griffith's Valuation the townland of Munga, parish of Ballindoon, barony of Ballynahinch, county Galway, was held by John Geraghty on a 999 year lease from the O'Neills of Bunowen Castle. In the 1870s John Geraghty is recorded as owning 850 acres in county Galway. He sold his interest in Munga to the Frewens in the late 19th century.
No houses were found for this estate
Contemporary printed sources
- HUSSEY DE BURGH, U. H. ''The Landowners of Ireland. An alphabetical list of the owners of estates of 500 acres or £500 valuation and upwards in Ireland''. Dublin: Hodges, Foster and Figgis, 1878. [available online at www.askaboutireland.ie] : 179
- PARLIAMENTARY PAPERS. ''Return of owners of land of one acre and upwards, in the several counties .... in Ireland''. HC 1876, LXXX: 295