Landed Estates
NUI Galway

McDermott (Cloongee)

The McDermotts owned Cloongee in the parish of Templemore, barony of Gallen, and also a townland in the parish of Annagh, barony of Costello, county Mayo, bought from Harloe Phibbs Baker in 1851. Standish O'Grady McDermott is recorded as the owner of 693 acres in 1876. He married a daughter of John Ogle Evans of Belgarrow and their son, Owen Leonard McDermott, still resided at Cloongee in 1910. By March 1916 he had accepted a final offer from the Congested Districts' Board for the purchase of his estate.

Houses

Name Townland Civil Parish PLU DED Barony County Map Ref
Cloongee Cloongee Templemore Swineford Toomore 104 Gallen Mayo OSI Ref: G265 015
OS Sheet: 60
Discovery map: 31