Thomas W. Galway held two townlands, previously part of Edmond Taaffe's estate, in the parish of Annagh, barony of Costello, county Mayo, at the time of Griffith's Valuation. In 1876 Mrs H Galway, Clooncah, Woodlawn, county Galway, held 552 acres in county Mayo and 763 acres in county Galway. In 1906 the representatives of Mrs. Harriett Galway owned over 500 acres of untenanted demesne land and the mansion house.
- Encumbered Estates' Court Rentals (O'Brien), Taaffe, 26 May 1854, Vol 28, MRGS 39/012, (microfilm copy in NUIG); National Archives of Ireland
Contemporary printed sources
- HUSSEY DE BURGH, U. H. ''The Landowners of Ireland. An alphabetical list of the owners of estates of 500 acres or £500 valuation and upwards in Ireland''. Dublin: Hodges, Foster and Figgis, 1878. [available online at www.askaboutireland.ie] : 174.
- PARLIAMENTARY PAPERS. ''Return of owners of land of one acre and upwards, in the several counties .... in Ireland''. HC 1876, LXXX: 295.
- PARLIAMENTARY PAPERS. ''Return of Untenanted Lands in Rural Districts, Distinguishing Demesnes on Which There is a Mansion...'', HC 1906, c, 177: 325