At the time of Griffith's Valuation James Lynch of Galway held three townlands in the parish of Kilcommon, barony of Kilmaine, county Mayo. In the mid 1850s James Lynch held four townlands in the parish of Templetogher, barony of Ballymoe, county Galway. By the 1870s his representatives, with an address in Salthill, Galway, owned 1,812 acres in county Galway. Over 1,300 acres belonging to James Lynch were vested in the Congested Districts' Board on 24 Oct 1912.
No houses were found for this estate
Contemporary printed sources
- HUSSEY DE BURGH, U. H. ''The Landowners of Ireland. An alphabetical list of the owners of estates of 500 acres or £500 valuation and upwards in Ireland''. Dublin: Hodges, Foster and Figgis, 1878. [available online at www.askaboutireland.ie] : 283
- PARLIAMENTARY PAPERS. ''Return of owners of land of one acre and upwards, in the several counties .... in Ireland''. HC 1876, LXXX: 297
- PARLIAMENTARY PAPERS. ''24th Annual Report of the Congested Districts' Board for Ireland'', [Cd 8356], HC 1916, vi, 564-586. Appendix VIII: 46