Northbrook was the residence of Mr. William North in 1814. The lands at Northbrook or Garrinahane, parish of Aughrim, barony of Kilconnell, were offered for sale in the Encumbered Estates Court in February 1853. This property was held on a lease from Samuel Handy to Joseph North. The original lease was for three lives from 1750.
- Encumbered Estates Court (O'Brien) rentals. North estate. 1 February 1853. Vol 20 MRGS 39/009. (Microfilm copy at NUIG) ; National Archives of Ireland