The Wade family held lands at Carrowmore, barony of Kilconnell during the late 18th and 19th centuries. In the 1870s Rochford Wade was in possession of over 1100 acres in county Galway. In 1906 he held over 900 acres of untenanted land in the area.
- Wade of Fairfield papers. LE14; James Hardiman Library, National University of Ireland, Galway
- Ordnance Survey maps showing lands in non congested districts: Wade estate, 132 acres in barony of Kilconnell, Co Galway, 1907. 15.A.23(15); National Library of Ireland
- Fairfield (Aughrim). Photographs. 030/050.; Irish Architectural Archive
Contemporary printed sources
- HUSSEY DE BURGH, U. H. ''The Landowners of Ireland. An alphabetical list of the owners of estates of 500 acres or £500 valuation and upwards in Ireland''. Dublin: Hodges, Foster and Figgis, 1878. [available online at www.askaboutireland.ie] : 461.
- ''GRIFFITH'S VALUATION OF IRELAND'[Primary Valuation of Tenements]', 1850-1858. : Ballinasloe Union, 57.
- LEWIS, Samuel. ''A Topographical Dictionary of Ireland''. London: S. Lewis & Co., 1837: Vol. I, 97.
- PARLIAMENTARY PAPERS. ''Return of owners of land of one acre and upwards, in the several counties .... in Ireland''. HC 1876, LXXX: 300
- PARLIAMENTARY PAPERS. ''Return of Untenanted Lands in Rural Districts, Distinguishing Demesnes on Which There is a Mansion...'', HC 1906, c, 177: 306
- ORDNANCE SURVEY NAME BOOKS, County Galway, http://places.galwaylibrary.ie/default.html: Aughrim Parish
Modern printed sources
- BENCE-JONES, Mark. ''A Guide to Irish Country Houses''. Revised ed. London: Constable, 1988. : 59
- BURKE, Sir Bernard. ''A genealogical and heraldic history of the Landed Gentry of Ireland''. London: Harrison & Sons, 1904: 625
- MONTGOMERY-MASSINGBERD, Hugh (ed). ''Burke's Irish Family Records''. London: Burke's Peerage, 1976: Hyde, formerly Wade, 615-617.