At the time of Griffith's Valuation, William Maguire was the lessor of several townlands in the parish of Meelick, barony of Longford, county Galway. He owned over 400 acres in the county in the 1870s. An offer from the Congested Districts Baord for over 500 acres of the Maguire estate was accepted in 1914.
No houses were found for this estate
Contemporary printed sources
- PARLIAMENTARY PAPERS. ''Return of owners of land of one acre and upwards, in the several counties .... in Ireland''. HC 1876, LXXX: 297.
- HUSSEY DE BURGH, U. H. ''The Landowners of Ireland. An alphabetical list of the owners of estates of 500 acres or £500 valuation and upwards in Ireland''. Dublin: Hodges, Foster and Figgis, 1878. [available online at www.askaboutireland.ie] : 302.
- PARLIAMENTARY PAPERS. ''24th Annual Report of the Congested Districts' Board for Ireland'', [Cd 8356], HC 1916, vi, 564-586. Appendix VIII: 48