The Close estate was in the parish of Lackagh, barony of Clare, county Galway. Mary Close was the proprietor at the time of Griffith's Valuation and Allan Parker Close of Derrymacloghney owned 1,558 acres in county Galway in the 1870s. His widow, Anna Eliza, was buried in Aglishdrinagh cemetery, county Cork, in 1908.
Contemporary printed sources
- HUSSEY DE BURGH, U. H. ''The Landowners of Ireland. An alphabetical list of the owners of estates of 500 acres or £500 valuation and upwards in Ireland''. Dublin: Hodges, Foster and Figgis, 1878. [available online at www.askaboutireland.ie] : 88
- PARLIAMENTARY PAPERS. ''Return of owners of land of one acre and upwards, in the several counties .... in Ireland''. HC 1876, LXXX: 294