||Lowville was originally the seat of Nathanial Lowe who held this estate in the mid-18th century and Wilson refers to it as his seat in 1786. In 1814 it was the residence of the Hon. Mrs. Low. In 1837 Lewis recorded Lowville as the seat of W. McDonagh. It was still occupied by Walter McDonagh in the 1850s and was valued at £45. By 1906 it was in the possession of Bernard Connaughton and was valued at £33. It was later the home of the Byrne family but was sold in the early 1970s and ceased to be residential. It is now a ruin.