Landed Estates
NUI Galway

Lisduff

Estate(s)
Townland Lisduff
Civil Parish Tynagh
PLU Portumna
DED Moat 177
County Galway
Barony Longford
Description Thomas Ellis was occupying the house at Lisduff at the time of Griffith's Valuation when it was valued at £18. Earlier, in 1837, Lewis records Lisduff as the seat of a Mr. Lyons. Taylor and Skinner recorded Lisduff as a seat of the Kelly [Browne Kelly of Westport] family in 1783. Documents in the National Library of Ireland indicate it was in the ownershop of Henry Brush in 1862. Slater refers to is as the seat of John Abbott in 1894. In 1906 this property was occupied by H.D.M. Barton who also held over 250 acres of untenanted land in the area. The house is still extant.
Lisduff (National Inventory of Architectural Heritage, www.buildingsofireland.ie)

Property Location