||In 1786 Wilson writes that "Dangin" was the seat of Richard Martin, "beautifully situated on the banks of the fine river Corrib". Occupied by George Symmes in 1814. The Ordnance Survey Books describe it as "a 3 storey house belonging to the proprietor of the townland, Thomas Redington". It remained the home of the Redington family for most of the 19th century. The house labelled Dangan House on the 1st edition Ordnance Survey map is located very close to the bank of the River Corrib (M283277). By the 1890s it has moved to a site in closer to the centre of the townland. It is now occupied by the Cunningham family who run a garden centre at the same location. A property known as "Dangan Cottage" was located nearby (M280274) but is described as "in ruins" on the 25-inch Ordnance map of the 1890s. Kinmonth states that this property was leased by American artists, including J. Lizzie Cloud, in the 1870s.