||The house at Monksfield had originally belonged to the Morgan family who were of Welsh origin. Evidence from the 17th century records shows that they acquired land in this area in the later 17th century. In 1837 Lewis recorded Monksfield as the seat of Capt. Morgan. It had to be sold in the mid-19th century due to debts. By the 1850s it was the residence of Thomas Shawe-Taylor.In 1906 it was owned by Walter Shawe Taylor and was valued at £14. Kelly, writing in 1976, indicated that the estate was sold to the tenants around 1908. After the estate was divided, the house continued to be occupied well into the twentieth century but is now a ruin surrounded by farmland.