Landed Estates
NUI Galway

Mervue/Merview

Estate(s)
Townland Ballybaanbeg
Civil Parish St Nicholas
PLU Galway
DED Galway Rural 41
County Galway
Barony Galway
Description Built circa 1777 by the Joyces. In 1786 Wilson refers to a house near Galway as the seat of Dr. "Joice". The house was sold by them to Royal Tara China in 1953. This company occupied the building for over 50 years, closing down at the end of 2003, though the shop premises still operates from this building. A fire badly damaged the original building in 1957.
Mervue (Photograph courtesy of Dr. Patrick Melvin & Eamonn de Burca)

Property Location