||The original Moyveela Castle was the home of the Browne family before their move to Mount Hazel. In 1786, Wilson writes that Moyveela was the seat of Andrew Browne. At the time of Griffith's Valuation a large portion of the townland was part of the Vandeleur estate and was leased to James Kineen. He occupied a property which later became known as Moyveela Lodge which is still extant. Over 300 acres as well as two caretakers' houses were in the possession of Andrew Browne whose address in the 1870s is still given as Moyveela and Mount Hazel.