Landed Estates
NUI Galway

Garruragh House

Estate(s)
Townland Garruragh
Civil Parish Tulla
PLU Tulla
DED Tulla 154
County Clare
Barony Tulla Upper
Description In 1786 Wilson refers to "Garuragh" as the seat of Mr. Harrison. At the time of Griffith's Valuation, the house was part of the O'Callaghan estate but leased to the Tulla Board of Guardians as an auxiliary workhouse when the buildings were valued at £48. It is labelled Garruragh House on both the 1st edition and 25-inch edition Ordnance Survey maps though much of the buildings have disappeared by the 1890s and only some ruins remain now.

Property Location