Landed Estates
NUI Galway

New Ross

Estate(s)
Townland New Ross
Civil Parish Kilnarath
PLU Nenagh
DED
County Tipperary
Barony Owney & Arra
Description In 1786 Wilson writes that New Ross was the seat of Mr. White. The property is labelled "site of New Ross House" on the first edition Ordnance Survey map of the 1830s. The Ordnance Survey Name Books record that "the site of this old house is all that can be found at present .....It was once a place of some account being the residence of Bishop Buscow and afterwards of the White family ...they lived here til about 1790". This townland was in the possession of Bolton Waller at the time of Griffith's Valuation.

Property Location