Landed Estates
NUI Galway

Esker

Estate(s)
Townland Esker
Civil Parish Kiltullagh
PLU Loughrea
DED Kiltullagh
County Galway
Barony Athenry
Description In 1786 Wilson refers to Esker as the seat of Mr. Daly, "situated on a lofty hill". By the time of Griffith's Valuation this property was being leased to the Dominican Order by Lord Dunsandle, when it was valued at £20. The Dominicans departed in the 1860s and it became for some time a seminary for the RC diocese of Clonfert. It was taken over by the Redemptorist Order in 1901, in whose possession it still remains. It now serves as a retreat centre.
Esker Monastery (www.redemptoristsesker.ie)

Property Location