Landed Estates
NUI Galway

Rathowen

Estate(s)
Townland Rathowen
Civil Parish Killala
PLU Killala
DED Killala 100
County Mayo
Barony Tirawley
Description In 1786 Wilson refers to a house which he calls "Rathrone", a mile and a half West of Killala, which was part of the estate of the Bishop of Killala. At that time it was occupied by James Rogers, though Wilson indicates it was the property of Rev. G. Rogers, Chancellor of Dromore. Most of the townland was in the possession of William Kirkwood, leasing from Harriett Gardiner, at the time of Griffith's Valuation. The house is no longer extant.

Property Location