Landed Estates
NUI Galway

Wallstown Castle

Estate(s)
Townland Wallstown
Civil Parish Wallstown
PLU Mallow
DED Wallstown 246
County Cork
Barony Fermoy
Description The castle was originally in the hands of the Wall family. In the late 17th century it passed into the possession of the Ruddocks and then through marriage to the Creaghs and Stawells. In 1836 it was leased to Thomas Baily and was held by Charles Bailey from Thomas Bailey at the time of Griffith's Valuation, valued at £7.18 shillings. The property was purchased by John McCormick of Dublin in 1858. The battlements were added to the building circa 1860. See www.corkpastandpresent.ie. In the 1940s the Irish Tourist Association reported that it had been purchased in the 1920s by a Mr Crowley who "lives in a grand mansion near the ruin of the old castle",
Wallstown (www.buildingsofireland.ie/)

Property Location