Landed Estates
NUI Galway

Lodge

Estate(s)
Townland Lodge
Civil Parish Killodiernan
PLU Nenagh
DED Knigh 86
County Tipperary
Barony Lower Ormond
Description An early 18th century house, originally the home of the Barry family, sold by them to Lieutenant Colonel Joseph Gabbett in 1766. Passed by inheritance from the Gabbetts to the Studderts, it was occupied by Francis Green in 1814 and by W. Studdart in 1837. The Ordnance Survey Name Books refer to it as "a commodious ancient dwelling house, the residence of William Studdert" in 1840. Maurice Studdert was the occupier at the time of Griffith's Valuation, when the house was valued at £25 and held from the representatives of General Gabbett. Maurice Studdert was the son of the Reverend George Studdert, rector of Kilpeacon, county Limerick, his wife, Mary Gabbett of High Park. Mrs Eliza Studdart of Lodge, Nenagh owned 648 acres in the 1870s.
Lodge (www.buildingsofireland.ie)

Property Location