The Stoneys were residing at Greyfort from at least the 1770s as recorded by Taylor and Skinner and also by Wilson in 1786. A house known as Greyfort Cottage was marked on the first edition Ordnance Survey map at this location and is also mentioned in the Ordnance Survey Name Books which refers to it as "a good dwelling house, the residence of Henry Owen Saunders". On later maps a different building in the townland is known as Greyfort House. Biggs A. Stoney was living at Grey-fort, Borrisokane, in 1814 and Saunders is recorded as the proprietor by Lewis. William Gray was the occupier of a house in Greyfort townland, valued at £12+, at the time of Griffith's Valuation and held from Henry O. Saunders. Thomas R. Grey of Greyfort House owned 500 acres in the 1870s. Buildings are still extant at this site.