||''Burke's Irish Family Records'' states that Castletown was purchased by Thomas Sadleir of Sopwell Hall from the family of his brother-in-law, John Briggs of Castletown, in 1706. It passed to Charles, the second son of Thomas Sadleir and was in the possession of his descendants for four generations. In 1747 it was leased to the Cambies by Charles Sadlier. Wilson mentions it as a Parker seat in 1786. In 1814 Leet records the house as unoccupied. C. Cambie was the occupier when Castletown was described by Lewis as a “a handsome castellated building”. Charles Cambie held Castletown from Thomas Sadlier at the time of Griffith's Valuation when the house was valued at £23. Castletown was sold in the Encumbered Estates Court in 1856, Miss Sarah Cambie was the tenant. Thomas Towers of Bushy Park, Borrisokane was the petitioner. He was married to Elizabeth Cambie and Castletown became their home. In 1906 the occupant was Thomas Towers and the house was valued at £24+. In the 1940s Miss Towers and her nephew Mr. Sterling were the occupiers. This 17th century fortified house with early 19th century additions is still in use as a family residence. It was also known as Castle Cambie.